Malta Gaming Specifications
The MGA has a strict set of rules on Hosting Server Gaming Requirements for the operator or applicant for B2B or B2C Licence in Malta.
To be able to host their servers and platform for iGaming in Malta they will have to follow these (4) four Objectives technical guidelines from the MGA.
- High-Level Principles and Regulatory
- Implementation and Conformity
- Critical Components
- MGA Requirements for the Replication of Data
Cost and Duration of license
- All Licenses are issued for one or two years and may be renewed on application, NBA can revoke or suspend a license in the event of failure to comply with the regulations under the “Article 24” of betting law 2012.
- The Licensee must pay a fee of EUR 30,000 For one year and EUR 45,000 for two years.
A combined rate of 13% which consist of 10% of net revenue and 3% contribution to the Authority which 2% is allocated to the Cyprus sport Federations and 1% to gambling addition programmes as stated to the (Article 71, Betting Law 2012).
- Accepted payment methods for Class B are Debit/Credit Card and/or other kinds of electronic payment(Article 54,Betting law 2012)
- No cash transactions are allowed for Class-B licensees electronic bets (Article 58(1),Betting Law 2012).
- Class B licensees are prohibited from accepting a bet, unless in the account maintained in the name of the player are sufficient funds to cover the amount of the bet
- Class B license must maintain a valid bank account at an authorized banking institution operating in Cyprus.
- A backup server in the territory of republic of Cyprus which shall be linked to the authority’s computerized systems and have the ability to facilitate real time transactions and information’s about betting activities.
- A specialized website address ending with TLD of “.com.cy” from the Cyprus cydns regulatory.
- The betting platform must meet all the criteria as described in (Directive_13_2016) of Betting Law 2012
Still have questions?
Call us at +357 24663570
Where to find us:
81, Griva Digeni Avenue, MARINOS Court, 3rd floor, office 301
P.O. BOx 42656, P.C. 6501, 6043
Larnaca – Cyprus
Tel: +357 24663402 , Fax: +357 24663409