Shares and Corporate Governance
|Minimum number of directors:||One|
|Nationality requirements for directors:||None|
|Corporate directors permitted:||Yes|
|Minimum number of shareholders:||One|
|Maximum number of shareholders:||Fifty|
|Nationality restrictions on shareholders:||None|
|Company secretary required:||Yes|
|Registered office:||Yes, in Cyprus|
|Corporate Company Secretary permitted:|| |
|Minimum authorized share capital:||€1.000|
|Minimum paid up share capital:||€1|
|Capital duty on issued share capital:||0.6% of the nominal value of shares issued|
|Audited accounts:||Required by law for all Companies|
Public Disclosure (with Registrar of Companies)
|Directors’ names:|| |
|Shareholders’ names:||Only registered shareholders are disclosed (Note: where nominee shareholders are used, details of the ultimate beneficiary owner are not disclosed to Cyprus government authorities.|
- Public and Private Companies, limited by shares
- Companies limited by guarantee
- Limited and general liability partnerships
Government Charges and Fees
- Annual Levy: €350
- Companies Registry Initial Registration Fee: Flat fee of €102 plus capital duty of 0.6% of the nominal value of the authorized share capital (usually minimized by using low issued capital and high share premium).
- Cyprus Company Law, Chapter 113, based on the English Companies Act of 1948
Formation Procedures for a Cypriot Private Limited Liability Company
- Name: Can be done online, but formal approval is required before a name can be given.
- Formation: Memorandum and Articles of Association in Greek are drafted by a Cypriot Lawyer, signed by one or more subscribers in duplicate, submitted to the Registrar of Companies together with an English translation where necessary.
- Time span for forming New Companies: Less than 5 business days
Cyprus Cooperate Services Simplified
At MariCorp we target to simplify Corporate Services as a whole and offer our clients a straightforward and simple solution.
Graduated from Liverpool John Moores University in 2011. Became a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales (ICAEW) in 2015. Currently undergoing Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) Level 1. Member of the International Tax Planning Association (ITPA).
Marinos is specialized in International Tax Planning, Advanced Consulting, and Corporate Services.